Admissions - Mayagüez
Applying for college is one of the most important decisions in your life.
Here you will find all the necessary information to make an informed choice. Find out how our bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees will help you turn your passion into a profession.
Albizu University is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). The PsyD and the PhD in Clinical Psychology programs are accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). The Master of Science in Speech and Language Pathology program at Albizu University is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).
Albizu University has been accredited by MSCHE since 1974. The San Juan Campus and the Mayagüez University Center are authorized to operate under a renewal license from the Board of Postsecondary Institutions (formerly known as the Puerto Rico Board of Education).
Small class sizes and student-faculty ratio are some of the main reasons why students want to attend Albizu University. We typically enroll approximately 2,079 students across all programs each academic year. The average class size is 15-25 students for core classes and 10-15 for elective classes.
Albizu University accepts applications for admission from students who transfer from postsecondary institutions accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency that is recognized by the US Department of Education. The credit transfer process is carried out by evaluating students’ completed courses and establishing the corresponding equivalence with the courses offered by the Albizu University. Each program director is responsible for determining the equivalence of every course according to the home institution’s catalog and the official descriptions of their courses. These official documents must be provided by the student for comparison purposes.
The university offers flexible course schedules during the day, evening, and online. Additionally, it offers a hybrid option for certain programs, which is both online and on site.
The EXADEP or the GRE is required to apply for admission to graduate programs.
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in applying for admission to Albizu University. Our team of trained professionals will provide you with all the help you need in the selection of the academic program of your interest and assist you with the necessary documentation to complete the admissions process.
For your convenience, our university offers different ways to file your application for admission:
Call Us At
Mayagüez University Center
(787) 838-7272 ext. 7133
Hours of Operation:
Monday to Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Steps to complete your admissions application:
Review your program of interest’s admission requirements
- Before you start filling out the application, it is important that you carefully review the general admission requirements, as well as the specific requirements of the program you are applying for.
You must create an applicant account by pressing HERE
- After you have created an applicant account, the system will redirect you to the application for admission. Note: Create an easy-to-remember password. You will need it to enter your account and check the status of your application.
Complete the admissions application form
- Conclude your application for admission by completing all the required fields. Use a credit card to pay your non-refundable admissions application fee with your online submission.
Submit all required documentation
- The required documentation will depend on your program of interest. Please remember that your application for admission will not be considered duly completed if you have not submitted all the necessary documents. You can upload them in the Supplementary Documents or Supplemental Items section of the applicant account.
If you have any questions about the admission process, please click here to contact us.
It is necessary to fill out an online admissions application and submit all necessary documents, as described in the admissions checklist. After submitting all documents, you must pay a non-refundable application fee to complete the process.
- If the applicant is under 18 years of age, their parents or legal guardians will sign all agreements regarding their admissions process.
- Due to our accreditations, we encourage our students to master reading, writing, and speaking English fluently. These skills will be evaluated during the interview process.
- ESOL classes are offered for students who require help improving their English skills.
- It is important to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This will allow you to be evaluated for eligibility to receive financial aid such as: scholarships, loans, work-study programs, among others.
Deadlines for Ranking or Ranking Programs:
|Doctor in Clinical Psychology (PsyD)||January 25, 2020|
|Doctor of Philosophy in Clinical Psychology (PhD)||January 25, 2020|
|Master’s in Speech and Language Pathology||February 15, 2020|
|Doctor of Psychology in Counseling Psychology (PsyD)||March 20, 2020|
|ACADEMIC PROGRAM||OFFERING PERIODS|
|1. BI - Psychology or Speech and Language Therapy||Fall / Spring|
|2. MS - Industrial / Organizational Psychology||Fall / Spring|
|3. MS - Psychological Counseling||Fall / Spring|
|4. MS - School Psychology||Fall / Spring|
|5. MS - Autism and Other Neurodevelopmental Disorders||Fall|
|6. PhD - Industrial / Organizational Psychology||Fall / Spring|
|7. Graduate Certificate Program in Autism||Fall|
|8. Psychology Preparatory Courses (no degree)||Fall / Spring / Summer|
|9. Speech and Language Pathology Preparatory Courses (no degree)||Fall / Spring / Summer|