The Interdisciplinary Baccalaureate (BI) with a Psychology Concentration aims to shape professionals who are mindful of cultural diversity and respectful of individual differences, so that they may contribute to the improvement of people’s behavior and quality of life. This unique baccalaureate program establishes the necessary conditions for students to develop their critical thinking and research skills to produce work that allows them to achieve success in their studies. High school graduates, transfer students, and students with associate degrees in arts or sciences are encouraged to apply this interdisciplinary bachelors degree.
Students can complete the baccalaureate of psychology concentration in three (3) years and one (1) semester. Acquisition of a third language and participation in an experience abroad are required for the completion of this degree program, adding to the multicultural and global perspective that makes the baccalaureate program so unique.
Students will engage in pre-practicum experiences of real scenarios in order to acquire basic knowledge of human behavior as well as of the biological, affective, social, and individual foundations of psychology, measurement, and ethics. They will also develop basic research skills and obtain the tools that will enable them to perform competently in areas related to psychology. In addition, they will refine the interpersonal skills that will allow them to work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Some of the positions available to a bachelor of psychology concentration graduate include: human services or social work assistant (in government and private agencies); health consultant; student recruiter for academic programs; administrator of health services institutions, such as hospitals and social services agencies; and assistant in rehabilitation centers, human resources, schools, and in the area of data analysis collection.
3 years and 1 semester
- Graduates of the program can work in different fields including human services and resources, social work, consulting, pedagogy, and others.
- The program is ideal for high school graduates, students transferring from other institutions, and those with associate degrees in arts or sciences.
- This interdisciplinary bachelor program has administrative support and offers various resources to its students, including personal counseling, tutoring, access to the Institutional Center for Scientific Research, and computer centers, among others.
- The program is offered on campus, online, and in a hybrid modality.
- Faculty members have masters or doctoral degrees in their fields. Moreover, they publish and participate in both local and international forum events.
- The program offers multidisciplinary integration by combining various educational activities with students from the speech and language therapy concentration.
- A minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale, whether the applicant is a high school graduate or student transfer from another university.
- Albizu University (AU) reserves the right of admission to candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements and will take the following exceptional admission criteria into consideration: a minimum 1.8 cumulative GPA. Admitted applicants will have a semester to meet the satisfactory academic progress applicable to their academic level and remain active students for the rest of the program.
- Access the following link for more information.
- Submit official high school transcripts, signed and sealed. If you are a transfer student, you must send them to the following address:
UNIVERSITY ALBIZU UNIVERSITY ALBIZU ADMISSIONS OFFICE MAYAGÜEZ UNIVERSITY CENTER PO BOX 9023711 ADMISSIONS OFFICE SAN JUAN, PR 00902-3711 PO BOX 3476 MAYAGÜEZ, PR 00681-3476
- Results of the Prueba de Admisión Universitaria (PAA), known as the College Board Test, or the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT).
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from a teacher, employer, or community leader (in accordance with the AU format).
- Negative criminal record certificate, which can be requested online.
- Original health certificate.
- Proof of hepatitis-B vaccination.
- Certificate of Vaccination of the Department of Health (PVAC-3, green form) with original signature of the issuing physician. Applies only to applicants who are 21 years of age or younger at the time of admission. Act No. 25 of 1983 (on immunization) requires that all students 21 years of age or younger, who wish to enter any educational institution in the country, provide an original copy of their PVAC-3 to show that they comply with the minimum immunization requirements. For more information, visit: http://www.salud.gov.pr/Dept-de-Salud/Pages/Unidades-Operacionales/Secretaria-Auxiliar-de-Salud-Familiar-y-Servicios-Integrados/Division-de-Inmunizacion-Vacunacion.aspx.
- International students must present the evaluation of their academic credentials certified by a duly authorized agency.
NOTE: Albizu University reserves the right to modify this policy at any time.
Albizu University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).