Policies, Procedures and Consumer Information
Welcome to the Policies and Procedures section of the Albizu University (AU) website. In pursuit of its mission and in keeping with the requirements of its various accrediting and licensing agencies, the university has established policies and procedures that govern its operations. This section will provide you with links to the catalogs, manuals, and pamphlets that contain the policies and procedures applicable to students enrolled at Albizu University’s San Juan and Miami campuses and Mayagüez University Center.
AU may change the content of these documents at any time. Adequate notice of anticipated changes will be given to students whenever possible. Students are required to check their Albizu University account (Sunmail) on a regular basis, as this is the primary mode of communication between the university and its students with regard to any changes to its policies and procedures.
- The materials available on this website are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing specific advice. As a student, you should contact the Student Services Office to obtain copies of Albizu University’s rules and regulations. All other interested parties should contact the Office of Human Resources.
- While we have made every attempt to ensure that the information contained in this site has been obtained from reliable sources, AU is not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of this information. All information in this site is provided "as is," with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness, or of the results obtained from the use of this information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of performance and/or aptitude for a particular purpose.
- Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in regard to any academic, legal, or financial matter, you should directly consult the appropriate university personnel.
Limitations of Liability
Albizu University is not liable, whether under the law of contracts or tort laws, for the contents or the use given to this website, insofar as this website is provided free-of-charge; for any direct or indirect, special, or consequential loss; or for loss of any kind, be it business, revenue, income, profits, or anticipated savings, contracts or business relationships, reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
By using this website, you agree that the liability exclusions and limitations set forth in this website disclaimer are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
- General Policies and Disciplinary Procedures Manual
- Student Council and Student Associations Manual
- Manual of Regulations and Procedures of Reasonable Accommodations
- Student Council and Associations Manual
- Consumer Information Manual
- Copyright Policy
- Whistleblower Protection Institutional Policy
- Donors Policy
- Albizu University Endowment Fund Adjudication and Disbursement Policy
- Private Sector Donation Acceptance Policy
- Endowment Fund Policy
- Program Moratorium or Elimination Policy
- Assessment of Institutional Effectiveness Policy 04-29-2014
- External Resource Proposal Proceedings and Policy
- Clery Act General Policy
- Policy on Code of Conduct for Financial Aid Employees
- Sex Offenders Registry Disclosure Policy
- Administrative Drop Policy
- Drug, Alcohol, and Tobacco Institutional Policy
- Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Policies
- Policy against Sexual Harassment and Discrimination
- Mayagüez University Center Security Policies and Statistics
- San Juan Campus Security Policies and Statistics
- CAAE-06 Graduate Program Readmission Policy
- CAAE-07 Official Transcript Policy
- CCAE-08 Incomplete Grades Policy
- CAAE-11 Change of Grades Policy
- CAAE-12 Comprehensive Qualifying or Degree Examinations Requirements Policy
- CAAE-16 External Funds Policy
- CAAE-17 Undergraduate Program Readmission Policy
- CAAE-18 Academic Dismissal Policy
- CAAE-21 Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- CAAE-23 Institutional Admissions Policy
- CAAE-27 Policy on Requisites to Enroll in Dissertation or Doctoral Project
- CAAE-32 Policy for the Nomination for Conferment of a Posthumous Degree to a Student
- Albizu University Drug and Alcohol and Tobacco Use Prevention Program (San Juan)
- Albizu University Drug, Alcohol and Tobacco Prevention Program
- Notice of Non-Discrimination disclaim 2016
- Miami Student Admissions, Outcomes, and Other Data
- Student Rights under FERPA
- Student Right to Know Act
- Constitution of the United States of America
- Albizu University Contact Information for Internal and External Complaints
- FERPA ACT
- Press Release: ACUP Statement on the Status of the Country
- Mandatory vaccination of employees against Covid-19