The master’s in industrial / Organizational Psychology is a two-year full-time program, which includes 57 credits in academic courses, six (6) practice modules, one (1) writing skills seminar and one (1) writing seminar according to APA’s style.
This program seeks to develop professionals in the field through training of excellence in the discipline, integrating theory and practice, to contribute to the strengthening of human performance and quality of life in organizational contexts, and also contribute to problem solving commonly faced by human beings and organizations.
Industrial / Organizational psychology professionals focus on behavior in the workplace, using psychological principles to improve the performance of working people and the organizational climate.
The Master in Industrial / Organizational Psychology provides practice in the real work scenario and focuses on the areas of staff psychology, group interaction and decision making, organizational behavior, psychological evaluation techniques in the organization, diagnosis, change and organizational development, training, psychosocial aspects of health in organizations and positive occupational health psychology, among others.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics of the Department of Labor of the United States projects that the employment rate for all psychologists will increase by 12% between 2008 and 2018. For professionals in organizational industrial psychology, this demand will keep increasing because companies need to increase the productivity of their employees and improve retention rates, as well as address issues of diversity and prevent labor discrimination.
Professionals in industrial / organizational psychology can serve as administrators and executives, consultants, academics and researchers.
Although the salary of an industrial / organizational psychologist will depend on your degree of experience and the type of company or organization for which you work, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. and Employment and Salary Statistics by Occupation - Organizational Industrial Psychology ranges from $ 39,000 to $ 69,000.
Master's in Science
Time it takes to complete
- Opportunity to do internships in real work scenarios.
- Students receive continuous tutoring during the program.
- Availability of support resources such as mentoring, advice and more.
- Classes are taught by highly qualified teachers who have been published, with experience in the field they teach.
- The program offers in-person and hybrid mode.
- This program is designed to help students and psychology professionals develop comprehensive knowledge in the field.
- Cumulative overall average of GPA (Grade Point Average) of 3.00 on a scale of 4.00. Only the cumulative average (GPA) of conferred grades will be considered.
The Institution reserves the right of admission to candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements. Considering Exceptional Admission Criteria: GPA (Grade Point Average) minimum cumulative general average of 2.50, but with a minimum cumulative general average of 3.00 in specialty or concentration courses. A minimum cumulative general average of 3.00 can also be considered, in case the applicant has a master's degree. Admitted applicants will have a semester to meet the satisfactory academic progress applicable to their academic level, so that they remain active students of the program for the rest of the course of study.
- Access the following link to complete your application for admission
https://apply.albizu.edu. In addition, you can digitally attach your admission requirements in PDF format.
- Submit transcripts of official credits from all the Institutions in which you have previously studied. Please direct them to:
|UNIVERSIDAD ALBIZU||UNIVERSIDAD ALBIZU|
|OFICINA DE ADMISIONES||CENTRO UNIVERSITARIO DE MAYAGÜEZ|
|PO BOX 9023711||OFICINA DE ADMISIONES|
|SAN JUAN, PR 00902-3711||PO BOX 3476|
|MAYAGÜEZ, PR 00681-3476|
- Results of the EXADEP Graduate Admission Exam (Postgraduate Admission Exam, https://www.ets.org/exadep) or the G.R.E. (Graduate Record Examinations). Only scores of five years or less will be accepted.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from some teacher, employer, community leader. UCA format.
- Certificado de Antecedentes Penales. Puede solicitarlo en línea en
- Original Health Certificate.
- Hepatitis-B Vaccination Test.
- Certificate of Vaccination from the Department of Health (PVAC-3-green leaf) with original signature of the doctor who issues it. Applies only to applicants 21 years of age or younger, at the time of admission. Act No. 25 of 1983, Immunization Law, requires that any student 21 years of age or younger, who is interested in entering any educational institution in the Country, submits an original of their Certificate of Immunization (PVAC-3) to show that meets the minimum immunization requirements. More information at: http://www.salud.gov.pr/ProgramaVacunacionPAVC-3.
- International students must present the evaluation of their academic credentials certified by a duly authorized agency.
NOTE: The Institution reserves the right to modify this policy at any time.
Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.