The Graduate Certificate in Autism Spectrum Disorder program consists of only 12 credits of coursework and 10 hours of field experience. Available at our Miami, San Juan and Mayaguez University Center locations, it is intended for educators with a special interest in working with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The program’s courses have been designed under the principles of cultural diversity to provide educators with the skills to address the multicultural aspects of the ASD population and their families.
This Autism studies program focuses on understanding the assessments, interventions, and needs of students that have been diagnosed with ASD and places special emphasis on teaching the skills necessary to effectively work and educate them. The program’s courses have been designed to prepare educators with comprehensive and practical knowledge to undertake the various challenges faced by students with ASD from a culturally diverse perspective.
Our Graduate Certificate in Autism Spectrum Disorder program meets the needs of a diverse range of students by offering day, evening, and weekend classes through a fully online modality.
- This program is designed for educators to meet the demands of working with the ASD population. It is also beneficial for people with backgrounds in psychology and speech and language.
- This ASD program equips exceptional student educators with the skills to understand how to work with the families of their students and provide a holistic service that is culturally congruent with their needs.
- This program meets the needs of a diverse range of students by offering day, evening, and weekend classes.
- In addition to being available at our Miami, San Juan and Mayaguez University Center locations, this program is offered fully online.
- Our Graduate Certificate in Autism Spectrum Disorder program trains students in a professional atmosphere. It is dedicated to the practical engagement of the principles and practices that will enable them to succeed in working with the students and families that form part of the ASD population.
- The autism study faculty members in charge of this program have extensive field and educational experience working with people on the autism spectrum in various settings. In addition, faculty members are trained in various assessment and intervention modalities applied to ASD populations such as the DIR method and the applied behavior analysis (ABA), among others.
- A duly completed application form. Click on the following link for more information.
- Evidence of having completed a bachelor’s, master's or doctoral degree in disciplines related to the field of health, psychology, or education. Please send evidence of official transcripts or certifications from the institutions where you obtained your degree(s) to the following address:
Miami Campus Albizu University Admissions Office 2173 NW 99th Avenue, Suite 150 Miami, Florida 33172
- Negative criminal record certificate, which you can request online.
- Proof of hepatitis-B vaccination.
NOTE: Albizu University reserves the right to modify this policy at any time.
Once the Admissions Office receives all the required documentation and the interview process is completed, academic program advisors will contact successful candidates to provide program direction and guidance.
This certificate meets the criteria to obtain the ASD Endorsement through the Florida Department of Education.