The Master of Science in Industrial/Organizational (I/O) Psychology program is a two-year, full-time program, that includes 57 credits in academic courses, six (6) practice modules, one (1) writing skills seminar, and one (1) APA style writing seminar.
This industrial organizational psychology program seeks to develop professionals in the field by teaching and integrating theory and practice in discipline-specific contexts. It also aims to contribute to the strengthening of human performance and quality of life in organizational contexts, as well as help solve problems commonly faced by people and organizations.
I/O psychology master’s program professionals concern themselves with human behavior in relation to the workplace by applying psychological principles to improve employee performance and the organization’s work environment.
About Industrial Organizational Psychology Degree
This Master of Science program offers students practical experience in real-world scenarios. It focuses on staff psychology, group interaction, and decision making, organizational behavior, psychological evaluation techniques within the organization, diagnoses, change, organizational development, training, psychosocial aspects of health in organizations, and positive occupational health psychology, among other areas.
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS ) projects that the employment rate for all psychologists will rise by 14% between 2018 and 2028. For professionals in industrial/organizational psychology, this demand will keep increasing because companies need to strengthen employee productivity and improve retention rates, as well as address issues of diversity and prevent labor discrimination.
Professionals in industrial/organizational psychology can serve as administrators, executives, consultants, academics, and researchers.
According to the Occupational Employment Statistics (OES), a program of the BLS, the salary for I/O psychologists ranges from $39,000 to $69,000. This salary is dependent on the psychologist’s degree of experience and type of employer.
- Opportunity for I/O Psychology internships in real-world scenarios.
- Continuous tutoring throughout the I/O psychology master’s program.
- Support resources such as mentoring, counseling, and more.
- Classes for industrial/organizational psychology master's program are taught by highly qualified teachers who have been published and have experience in their fields.
- The program is offered on campus and in a hybrid modality.
- Our Industrial Organizational Psychology Master’s program is designed to help students and psychology professionals develop comprehensive knowledge in the field.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale. Albizu University (AU) will only consider the GPA of conferred degrees.
- AU reserves the right of admission to candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements and will take the following exceptional admission criteria into consideration: a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA, but with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA in specialization or concentration courses. In the event that the applicant has a master’s degree, AU might also consider a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Admitted applicants will have a semester to meet the satisfactory academic progress applicable to their academic level and remain active students of the program for the duration of the course of studies.
- Access the following link to complete your application for admission: https://albizu.elluciancrmrecruit.com/Admissions/Pages/prospectinquiry.aspx. In addition, you can attach your admission documents in PDF format.
- Submit official transcripts from all attended institutions. Please send them to:
|SAN JUAN CAMPUS|
|PO BOX 9023711|
|SAN JUAN, PR 00902-3711|
- Results of the Graduate Studies Admission Examination (EXADEP) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Only the scores from exams taken within the last five years will be accepted.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from a teacher, employer, or community leader (in accordance with the AU format).
- Negative criminal record certificate, which can be requested at https://servicios.pr.gov/cap.
- Original health certificate.
- Proof of hepatitis-B vaccination.
- Certificate of Vaccination of the Department of Health (PVAC-3, green form) with original signature of the issuing physician. Applies only to applicants who are 21 years of age or younger at the time of admission. Act No. 25 of 1983 (on immunization) requires that all students 21 years of age or younger, who wish to enter any educational institution in the country, provide an original copy of their PVAC-3 to show that they comply with the minimum immunization requirements. For more information, visit http://www.salud.gov.pr/Dept-de-Salud/Pages/Unidades-Operacionales/Secretaria-Auxiliar-de-Salud-Familiar-y-Servicios-Integrados/Division-de-Inmunizacion-Vacunacion.aspx.
- International students must present the evaluation of their academic credentials certified by a duly authorized agency.
Note: Albizu University reserves the right to modify this policy at any time.
Albizu University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).