For our Graduate Certificate in Autism Spectrum Disorder program, candidates should be interested in working with people diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and have studies in the field of health, psychology, or education. The certificate’s courses are designed with a focus on the principles of cultural diversity in order to provide students with the skills to work and collaborate with people on the autism spectrum and their families.
The Graduate Certificate in Autism Spectrum Disorder teaches students the necessary skills to effectively manage interventions and screenings, as well as understand the needs of people diagnosed with ASD.
Our certificate is offered at our Miami, San Juan and Mayaguez University Center locations and in other alternative learning modalities.
- The objective of our Graduate Certificate in Autism Spectrum Disorder is for students to develop the skills that will allow them to provide comprehensive and culturally appropriate services focused on the needs of the ASD population and their families.
- The faculty of this program has vast experience working with people with ASD and their families. It is made up of psychologists, speech pathologists, and occupational therapists, among other professionals.
- Complete an application for admission. Access the following link for more information.
- Provide evidence of having completed a bachelor’s, master's, or doctoral degree in disciplines related to the fields of health, psychology, or education. Send official transcripts from the institutions that conferred the degree(s) or the degree certification(s) to the following address:
ALBIZU UNIVERSITY SAN JUAN CAMPUS ADMISSIONS OFFICE PO BOX 9023711 SAN JUAN, PR 00902-3711
- Negative criminal record certificate, which can be requested online.
- Proof of hepatitis-B vaccination.
NOTE: Albizu University reserves the right to modify this policy at any time.
Once the Admissions Office receives all the required documentation and the interview process is completed, academic program advisors will contact successful candidates to provide program direction and guidance.
Albizu University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).