Vision, Mission and Values
To be an international leader in academic innovation, research, and community service, promoting diversity to generate a transformative social impact.
Albizu University educates professionals in behavioral sciences, speech pathology and other disciplines, committed to research, to improve quality of life, and to serve diverse communities.
Albizu University promotes the following values:
- At Albizu, “love reaches beyond knowledge”
- Excellence in academic programs and services
- The integral and humanistic development of the student is essential at Albizu
- Respect for diversity
- Commitment to social responsibility
- Updating and integration of knowledge with technological advances
- Ethical behavior at all organizational levels
- Commitment to the development of our human resources
- Openness to academic community participation
- Operational transparency and administrative efficiency
Albizu University seeks to train professionals in a manner that enables them to:
- Integrate theory and practice in their chosen fields
- Be sensitive to the cultural realities of different ethnic groups
- Understand and put into practice ethical norms and professional standards
- View personal growth and development as a lifelong process
In fulfillment of its institutional goals, Albizu University follows a long tradition of academic excellence, innovative educational policies, and community commitment. In the words of our founder, Carlos Albizu-Miranda, “love reaches beyond knowledge.”
Albizu University invites applications, nominations and expressions of interest for the position of President of this private, non-profit institution of higher learning with campuses in Miami, Florida; San Juan, Puerto Rico; and a university center in Mayagüez. With unique emphasis on educating culturally competent individuals to serve the diverse populations of our global community, the University offers certificate, bachelors, masters and doctoral programs in Psychology, Education, Speech, Criminal Justice and Human Services. This vibrant center of higher education seeks an innovative leader who is aligned with Albizu’s vision, inspires others to excel and has the organizational skills needed to implement the University’s strategic priorities to grow, adapt and thrive in an evolving educational landscape.
- Ricardo J. del Río, PhD
- Ana I. Agosto, CPA
- Antonio E. Puente, PhD
- Jaime L. Albors, MBA
- Maribel Del Rio, PsyD
- Julio F. Juliá, MBA
- Board Advisor
- Jan 10-14
- Survey distributed to campus constituents.
- Jan 13-14; 17-21
- Pre-search listening sessions with University constituents including Board of Trustees.
- Jan 23-28
- Drafting, editing of position profile and advertisement.
- DEI Training via AGB Search.
- Jan 31
- Electronic distribution of draft profile/ad to Search Committee for review and edits.
- Feb 8
- Search Committee meeting to review profile, ad, sourcing, and ad plans
- Feb 10
- Revised Profile sent to Board for approval
- Feb. 15
- Search is launched publicly: Ads are placed and requests for nominations are sent.
- March 10
- Candidate screening exercise for Search Committee.
- Mar 25
- Application Deadline.
- March 28
- Meeting to select candidates for Spark Hire video interviews and Google/Social Media checks.
- April 1
- Spark Hire videos are completed by selected candidates.
- April 6
- Search committee completes review of Spark Hire videos.
- April 8
- Search Committee meets to report on Google/Social Media checks and Spark Hire Videos. Selects 4-8 candidates for off-campus interviews.
- April 10
- Memo to community with search update.
- April 25-26
- Off-site interviews; search committee recommends three finalist candidates for campus interviews.
- April 28
- Announcement of finalists to the community.
- May 5-13
- Campus interviews for finalist candidates
- May 16
- Surveys completed by campus participants in finalist visits are tabulated.
- May 16
- Consultant provides results of off-list reference calls, participant survey results and background checks to Hiring Authority.
- Week of May 16
- New Albizu University President is selected, and negotiations begin.
The next president of Albizu will be an innovative, transformational, system thinker, who possesses a terminal degree in an appropriate academic discipline or related field and who embraces the unique mission of the institution. Successful senior-level experience in leading a specialized institution offering graduate degrees; managing change; and effectively interacting with the greater community are highly desired. Bicultural and bilingual in Spanish and English are a definite plus:
Nominations and expressions of interest may be submitted electronically to: AlbizuPres@agbsearch.com
Candidates are asked to submit electronically in MS Word or Adobe PDF:
- A letter of interest reflecting on the desired qualities and attributes described in the profile
- A curriculum vitae
- The names, email addresses, and telephone numbers of five references
References will not be contacted without first securing the permission of the candidate. The University welcomes the candidacies of women and persons from diverse populations. To receive full consideration, materials should be received on or before March 25, 2022. The next President will be invited to assume office on or about July 1, 2022.
Please direct inquiries to:
Albizu University does not discriminate in education or employment on the basis of sex, race, creed, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Information on the search is also available at https://www.albizu.edu or www.agbsearch.com.