Become part of an exciting new degree program 100% online at Albizu University. The M.B.A. in Healthcare Management program prepares future leaders to meet the surging demand for culturally sensitive healthcare administrators, managers, and planners.
Health services managers work closely with medical staff to plan, direct, and coordinate the delivery of healthcare and improve systems of caregiving. Albizu’s M.B.A. provides the training needed for success as a healthcare executive. Graduates go into the workforce with advanced abilities in the areas of management operations, entrepreneurship, leadership, innovation, technology, strategy, global projects, and risk management. In accordance with Albizu’s mission, the program emphasizes a respect for an understanding of cultural and individual diversity and an opportunity to improve quality of life.
The program consists of 36 credits (12 courses) and can be completed in 15 months. Designed for adult learners with backgrounds in healthcare, management, and/or information technology. In consecutive semesters, students take courses that cover three major areas: (1) healthcare operations and policy, (2) behavioral aspects in healthcare systems, and (3) M.B.A. managerial skills. The final semester incorporates a capstone project.
The underlying values and knowledge areas of the program are highlighted in the goals for students:
- Acquire the ability to synthesize and analyze knowledge of business and integrate that knowledge into the healthcare industry in order to arrive at innovative solutions to organizational problems.
- Master the necessary skills to communicate effectively, thoughtfully, and compassionately.
- Master the skills to work in the multicultural organizations of a globalized society.
- Engage in decision-making ethically and compassionately.
Available in the following locations:Online
- Students develop a progressive mastery of healthcare and management theories and their application.
- Each semester of the program has an identified theme to connect learning and outcomes.
- The program is offered fully online.
- The skills mastered in the program are consistent with Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) competencies.
- Foundation courses are available for students without a background in statistics, management, marketing, or economics; the foundation courses are fully online and can be taken simultaneously with the standard curriculum.
- Faculty members are active professionals, who bring to the classroom a working expertise in their fields.