The Master of Science in Neuropsychology is a fully online program, consists of 30 credits in academic courses, and takes a year to complete..
This program offers a hands-on experiential learning component in which the student practices evaluation techniques, diagnoses and interventions based on the study of human behavior across the lifespan as it relates to normal and abnormal functioning of the central nervous system.
The faculty will support the development of skills through targeted strategies to ensure that students gain quality experiences that are consistent with the ethical and professional standards of professional psychology. Through synchronous course activities, students will have the opportunity to present and analyze cases of common neuropathology diagnosis, assessment design, and intervention.
Available in the following locations:Virtual
Dr. Mairim Vega
P.O. Box 9023711
San Juan, PR 00902-3711
- The Masters of Science in Neuropsychology is designed to complement the competencies of professional psychologists in Puerto Rico. It does not provide training leading to independent licensure as a psychologist or to a subspecialty as a clinical neuropsychologist in Puerto Rico or in the US.
- The faculty will support the development of skills through targeted strategies to ensure that students gain quality experiences that are consistent with the ethical and professional standards of professional psychology.
- It will provide psychology professionals with training in the core competencies of contemporary Neuropsychology.
- The master's degree is a complete online program, with synchronous and asynchronous components that allow the student to gain the greatest knowledge about brain behavioral relationships and the manifestations and impact of neurodiversity and neuropathologies on human functioning.
- In addition, the student will have the opportunity to present and analyze cases of diagnosis of common neuropathologies, evaluation and intervention design.
- A minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale, whether the applicant is a high school graduate or student transfer from another university.
- Albizu University (AU) reserves the right of admission to candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements and will take the following exceptional admission criteria into consideration: a minimum 1.8 cumulative GPA. Admitted applicants will have a semester to meet the satisfactory academic progress applicable to their academic level and remain active students for the rest of the program.
- Access the following link for more information.
- Submit official high school transcripts, signed and sealed. If you are a transfer student, you must send them to the following address:
UNIVERSITY ALBIZU UNIVERSITY ALBIZU ADMISSIONS OFFICE MAYAGÜEZ UNIVERSITY CENTER PO BOX 9023711 ADMISSIONS OFFICE SAN JUAN, PR 00902-3711 PO BOX 3476 MAYAGÜEZ, PR 00681-3476
- Results of the Prueba de Admisión Universitaria (PAA), known as the College Board Test, or the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT).
- For the PAA, you may access a free review guide known as the College Board Test Study Guide.
- For information and testing schedule of the PAA, visit https://latam.collegeboard.org/.
- For information on the SAT exam, visit https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from a teacher, employer, or community leader (in accordance with the AU format).
- Negative criminal record certificate, which can be requested online.
- Original health certificate.
- Proof of hepatitis-B vaccination.
- Certificate of Vaccination of the Department of Health (PVAC-3, green form) with original signature of the issuing physician. Applies only to applicants who are 21 years of age or younger at the time of admission. Act No. 25 of 1983 (on immunization) requires that all students 21 years of age or younger, who wish to enter any educational institution in the country, provide an original copy of their PVAC-3 to show that they comply with the minimum immunization requirements. For more information, visit: http://www.salud.gov.pr/Dept-de-Salud/Pages/Unidades-Operacionales/Secretaria-Auxiliar-de-Salud-Familiar-y-Servicios-Integrados/Division-de-Inmunizacion-Vacunacion.aspx.
- International students must present the evaluation of their academic credentials certified by a duly authorized agency.
NOTE: Albizu University reserves the right to modify this policy at any time.
Albizu University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).