The ESOL program is an intensive English language program that covers all four language skills: writing, grammar, reading and comprehension, and speech.
Available in the following locationsMIA
Non-credit certificate consisting of: 9 levels / 27 courses
3 years (can be completed in less time depending on MTELP score)
- This ESOL certificate allows students not only to acquire English language proficiency, but also learn about the culture of the United States, including its traditions, regional and national celebrations, holidays, values, and other aspects. The program also helps students improve their pronunciation and develop effective academic and business writing skills.
- Our classes are small (maximum 15 students). We advise international students that have secured a student visa to pursue the ESOL program at Albizu University’s Miami Campus.
- Many ESOL course alumni continue their studies in one of Albizu’s academic fields, such as the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs in psychology, education, and human services.
- This certificate is offered on-site.
- Assignments are to be completed using Rosetta Stone Catalyst, which allows students to practice written and oral English language skills at their own pace.
- The ESOL certificate is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) and licensed by the Commission on Independent Education of the Florida Department of Education.
- All ESOL faculty have at least completed a Master's in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). Moreover, some professors have academic credentials in linguistics, languages, secondary education, and other related subjects.
Completion of the Michigan Test of English Language Proficiency (MTELP) – administered by Albizu University is required for admission to this program.
This program is accredited by the MSCHE and is licensed by the Commission on Independent Education of the Florida Department of Education.