Masters of Science in Industrial Organizational Psychology is a two-year full-time program, which includes 57 credits in academic courses, six (6) practice modules, one (1) writing skills seminar, and one (1) APA-style writing seminar.
This program seeks to develop professionals in the field by teaching excellence in discipline-specific contexts and integrating theory and practice. It also aims to contribute to the strengthening of human performance and quality of life in organizational contexts, as well as help solve problems commonly faced by people and organizations.
I/O psychology professionals concern themselves with human behavior in relation to the workplace by applying psychological principles to improve employee performance and the organization’s work environment.
About the Industrial Organizational Psychology Degree Program
This program offers students practical experience in real workplace environments. It focuses on staff psychology, group interaction and decision-making, organizational behavior, psychological evaluation techniques in the organization, diagnosis, change and organizational development, training, psychosocial aspects of health in organizations, and positive occupational health psychology, among other areas.
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects that the employment rate for all psychologists will rise by 14% between 2018 and 2028. For professionals in industrial/organizational psychology, this demand will keep increasing because companies need to strengthen employee productivity and improve retention rates, as well as address issues of diversity and prevent labor discrimination.
Professionals in industrial/organizational psychology can serve as administrators, executives, consultants, academics, and researchers.
According to the Occupational Employment Statistics (OES), a program of the BLS, the salary for I/O psychologists ranges from $39,000 to $69,000. This salary is dependent on the psychologist’s degree of experience and employer.
- Opportunity for I/O Psychology internships in real-world scenarios.
- Continuous tutoring throughout the I/O psychology master’s program.
- Support resources such as mentoring, counseling, and more.
- Classes for this Master of Science program are taught by highly qualified teachers who have been published and have experience in their fields.
- The program is offered on campus at our Mayaguez University Center and in a hybrid modality.
- Our Industrial Organizational Psychology Master’s program is designed to help students and psychology professionals develop comprehensive knowledge in the field.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a scale of 4.0 of conferred degree.
- Albizu University (AU) reserves the right of admission to candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements and will take the following exceptional admission criteria into consideration: a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA, but with a minimum cumulative general average of 3.0 in specialization or concentration courses. In the case of an applicant with a master’s degree, a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA can also be considered. Admitted applicants will have a semester to meet the satisfactory academic progress applicable to their academic level in order to remain as active students of the program for the rest of the course of study.
- Access the following link to complete your application for admission: https://albizu.elluciancrmrecruit.com/Admissions/Pages/prospectinquiry.aspx. In addition, you can attach your admission documents in PDF format.
- Submit official transcripts from all the institutions in which you have previously studied. Please send them to:
|MAYAGÜEZ UNIVERSITY CENTER|
|PO BOX 3476|
|MAYAGÜEZ, PR 00681-3476|
- Results of the Graduate Studies Admission Examination (EXADEP) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Only the scores from exams taken within the last five years will be accepted.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from a teacher, employer, community leader (in accordance with the AU format).
- Negative criminal record certificate, which can be requested at https://servicios.pr.gov/cap.
- Original health certificate.
- Proof of hepatitis-B vaccination.
- Certificate of Vaccination of the Department of Health (PVAC-3, green form) with original signature of the issuing physician. Applies only to applicants who are 21 years of age or younger at the time of admission. Act No. 25 of 1983 (on immunization) requires that all students 21 years of age or younger, who wish to enter any educational institution in the country, provide an original copy of their PVAC-3 to show that they comply with the minimum immunization requirements. For more information, visit: http://www.salud.gov.pr/Dept-de-Salud/Pages/Unidades-Operacionales/Secretaria-Auxiliar-de-Salud-Familiar-y-Servicios-Integrados/Division-de-Inmunizacion-Vacunacion.aspx
- International students must present the evaluation of their academic credentials certified by a duly authorized agency.
Note: Albizu University reserves the right to modify this policy at any time.
Albizu University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).