The Graduate Certificate in Autism Spectrum Disorder program is focused on people who have studies in the field of health, psychology, or education, and have a special interest in working with people diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Available at our Mayaguez Center and at our Miami and San Juan campuses, the program’s courses are designed considering the principles of cultural diversity to provide students with the skills to work and collaborate with the population diagnosed with ASD and their families.
The Graduate Certificate in Autism Spectrum Disorder focuses on managing interventions, screening, and understanding the needs of people diagnosed with ASD with an emphasis on teaching the skills necessary to work with this population effectively. Our certificate is offered on campus and through other alternative learning modalities.
Moraima García-Rohena, PhD
787-725-6500, ext. 1518
P.O. Box 9023711
San Juan, PR 00902-3711
- This Graduate Certificate in Autism Spectrum Disorder aims to train students with the skillset that will allow them to provide comprehensive and culturally appropriate services focused on the needs of people diagnosed with ASD and their families.
- The program’s faculty members have vast experience in working with people with ASD and their families. They come from different related fields such as psychology, speech pathology, and occupational therapy, among others.
- Complete an application for admission. Access the following link for more information.
- Evidence of having completed a bachelor’s, master's or doctoral degree in disciplines related to the field of health, psychology, or education. Please send evidence of official transcripts of all attended institutions or certifications obtained to the following address:
ALBIZU UNIVERSITY MAYAGÜEZ UNIVERSITY CENTER ADMISSIONS OFFICE PO BOX 3476 MAYAGÜEZ, PR 00681-3476
- Negative criminal record certificate, which you can request online.
- Proof of hepatitis-B vaccination.
NOTE: Albizu University reserves the right to modify this policy at any time.
Once the Admissions Office receives all the required documentation and the interview process is completed, academic program advisors will contact successful candidates to provide program direction and guidance.
Albizu University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).