This Master’s Degree in Autism Spectrum Disorders program offers the opportunity to obtain a specialty within each professional area in which the graduate student already has a degree. The goal of this master of science degree is to promote professional knowledge about the special needs of people diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and their families, thus diversifying student employment scenarios. Available at our Mayaguez Center and San Juan campus, the program provides specific knowledge in areas of developmental disabilities and neurodevelopmental disorders related to people and families living with the complexity of an ASD diagnosis. The skills students acquire throughout the program are related to sensory and motor functioning, as well as social, behavioral, and communication difficulties. In addition, students will develop the necessary skillset for early identification, diagnosis, evaluation, and intervention plan development, among others.
1 year and 1 semester
Dra. Moraima García
787-725-6500, ext. 1518
P.O. Box 9023711
San Juan, PR 00902-3711
- The goal of this Master’s degree in Autism Spectrum Disorders is to provide professionals with an option to diversify their employment opportunities by acquiring knowledge of the special needs of people diagnosed with ASD through evidence-based interventions.
- This Master of Science program is offered on Saturdays, on campus and in a hybrid modality.
- This intensive program has 30 credits and is aimed at developing professionals who at least have a bachelor’s degree in psychology, education, speech therapy, nursing, or related areas that enable interactions with ASD patients.
- Albizu University (AU) joins efforts and professional collaborations to educate and prepare future professionals who will serve this population and their families, always looking to offer services from an ethical and legal perspective along with the highest standards and academic skills.
- Grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a scale of 4.0. Only the GPA of degrees conferred will be considered.
- Albizu University reserves the right to admit candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements and will consider the following exceptional admission criteria: a GPA of 2.5, as long as the cumulative general average is at least 3.0 for specialization or concentration courses. In the case of an applicant that holds a master’s degree, a minimum GPA of 3.0 can also be considered. Admitted applicants will have a semester to meet satisfactory academic progress, applicable to their academic level, and to remain as active students for the duration of the program.
- Complete your application for admission through the following link. In addition, you can attach your admission documents in PDF format.
- Official transcripts of all institutions in which you have previously studied. Please send them to:
ALBIZU UNIVERSITY UNIVERSITY CENTER OF MAYAGUEZ ADMISSIONS OFFICE PO BOX 3476 MAYAGÜEZ, PR 00681-3476
- Results of the Graduate Studies Admission Examination (EXADEP) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Only the scores from exams taken within the last five years will be accepted.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from a teacher, employer, or community leader (in accordance with the AU format).
- Negative criminal record certificate, which can be requested online.
- Original health certificate.
- Proof of hepatitis-B vaccination.
- Certificate of Vaccination of the Department of Health (PVAC-3, green form) with original signature of the issuing physician. Applies only to applicants who are 21 years of age or younger at the time of admission. Act No. 25 of 1983 (on immunization) requires that all students 21 years of age or younger, who wish to enter any educational institution in the country, provide an original copy of their PVAC-3 to show that they comply with the minimum immunization requirements. For more information, visit: http://www.salud.gov.pr/Dept-de-Salud/Pages/Unidades-Operacionales/Secretaria-Auxiliar-de-Salud-Familiar-y-Servicios-Integrados/Division-de-Inmunizacion-Vacunacion.aspx
- International students must present the evaluation of their academic credentials certified by an official authorized agency.
Note: Albizu University reserves the right to modify this policy at any time.
Albizu University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).