The mission of the Albizu University Interdisciplinary Baccalaureate (B.I.) program is to provide a strong foundation of general education courses that deliberately and systematically integrates the arts and sciences to identify interconnections among the disciplines. This integration allows us to exceed the limits of the disciplines to explain phenomena, solve problems, propose new questions, produce knowledge, and understand the world around us.
This unique program with a Cyberpsychology Concentration strives to provide strong foundational knowledge through innovative learning experiences in cyberpsychology theory, research, and practice. The program establishes the necessary conditions for students to develop their critical thinking and research skills to produce work that allows them to achieve success in their studies. High school graduates, transfer students, students with associate degrees, and adult learners seeking to advance professionally are encouraged to apply.
Students will learn to apply the acquired knowledge in practical areas of cyberpsychology, including how people interact with each other through technology, how technologies enhance people’s lives, and how people’s behavior and emotions can be influenced by technologies.
Future graduates will acquire a solid basic knowledge of general psychology, cyberpsychology, and technology, and will learn to apply the knowledge gained in practical areas of cyberpsychology, including how people interact with each other through technology, how technologies enhance people's lives and how technologies can influence people's behavior and emotions. The courses cover important topics in cyberpsychology such as video games, social networks, cybersecurity, cyber-forensic psychology, telehealth, virtual reality, artificial intelligence, among others. Students will develop basic research skills and obtain the tools that will enable them to perform competently in areas related to psychology and cyberpsychology. In addition, the program has a unique intercultural and global perspective that will prepare students to work as part of an interdisciplinary and diverse team.
Students can complete the online baccalaureate in three (3) years and one (1) semester. According to O*Net's Career Trends Registry, fields related to psychology and technology have great prospects for job growth and job opportunities in the coming years. BI Cyberpsychology graduates will have an advantage over their general psychology counterparts in terms of a wide range of employment opportunities including marketing research, consulting, education, private enterprise, entry into graduate programs in areas related to the social sciences and human behavior.
Available in the following locations:Virtual
3 years and 1
Arlene Vélez, PhD
(787) 726-6500, ext. 1518
151 Calle Tanca San Juan, PR 00901
- Graduates of the program can work in different fields including including marketing research, consulting, education, private enterprise, entry into graduate programs in areas related to the social sciences and human behavior.
- The program is ideal for high school graduates, students transferring from other institutions, and those with associate degrees in arts or sciences, and adult learners seeking to advance professionally.
- This program has administrative support and offers various resources to its students, including personal counseling, tutoring, student support services, and individualized advisement.
- The program is offered 100% online.
- It is the first Cyberpsychology program in Puerto Rico.
- Faculty members have master’s or doctoral degrees in their fields. Moreover, they publish and participate in both local and international forum events.
- The courses cover important topics in cyberpsychology such as video games, social networks, cybersecurity, cyber-forensic psychology, telehealth, virtual reality, artificial intelligence, among others.
The minimum requirements for admission to the Bachelor of Science in Psychology are:
- Evidence of having completed a high school degree or a GED.
- A grade point average (GPA) of 2.0.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from professors, employers, or community leaders (in accordance with the AU format).
- Compliance with any additional requirements outlined in the Academic Policies section of the Albizu University Catalog.
Once the Admissions Office receives all the required documentation and the interview process is completed, academic program advisors will contact successful candidates to provide program direction and guidance.
Albizu University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) and the Commission for Independent Education of the Florida Department of Education.