This online graduate certificate provides students with learning experiences to effectively address challenging behaviors and improve skill deficits using strategies rooted in the science of behavior.
Students will comprehensively learn about the science of behavior analysis as they explore and build upon foundational concepts. Students are equipped with the skills and knowledge to proficiently conduct functional assessments and design evidence-based treatment plans.
Available in the following locations:Online
7 courses (each one 3 credits):
- Concepts and Principles of Behavior
- Ethics and Professional Conduct for Behavior Analysis
- Functional Assessment and Treatment
- Behavior Assessment and Treatment
- Measurement and Experimental Design in Behavior Analysis
- Advanced Topics in Applied Behavior Analysis
- Supervision, Management, and Intervention
- Courses are taught by board-certified behavior analysts with experience in the field who provide real-world connections to the behavior analytic content students learn in their courses.
- The certificate includes 21 credit hours across seven courses. Students can complete the program in three to four semesters.
- The program is offered entirely online in an asynchronous format. Students can complete coursework on their own time from any location.
- Our program prepares well-rounded practitioners who are highly skilled and driven to make a positive impact in the field of Behavior Analysis. Students who enroll are equipped to work in various settings, including ABA clinics, in-home ABA settings, schools, and with adults.
- A master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education institution in the United States or an institution of higher education outside the United States whose standards of training are substantially equivalent to the standards of training of those institutions in the United States.
- A minimum cumulative master’s degree grade point average (GPA) of 3.0.
- Official transcripts from all colleges, universities, or post-secondary educational institutions.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or community leaders.
- A completed and signed application form and the admission fee submitted by the established deadline.
- International students applying for admission must submit their academic records to the appropriate agencies for verification of their equivalency to coursework offered in the United States. International students must comply with INS regulations and the procedures established under the International Students section of the Albizu University Academic Catalog.
This certificate meets the criteria to obtain the ASD Endorsement through the Florida Department of Education.
Our institution takes pride in its regional recognition by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). Albizu University has submitted the course sequence for verification to meet the coursework requirements eligibility criteria for the BCBA Pathway B of the Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI). Our goal is to strive and achieve the course sequence verification, yet we emphasize that all outcomes are subject to the rigorous evaluation process that involves many variables and external factors. As such, while we are committed to this pursuit, we cannot guarantee exact timelines.
Students are required to review the specific requirements for certification published in the Behavior Analyst Certification Board Handbook ( https://www.bacb.com/bcba/). Students are required to contact the state where they wish to practice for the applicable licensing laws and practice requirements.