The objective of the Bachelor of Science in Psychology program at Albizu University’s (AU) Miami Campus is to provide students with a foundation in a variety of mental health fields and help them develop the necessary skills for entry into an array of graduate degree programs. Our program integrates cognitive, emotional, and behavioral science theories with current trends in the field of psychology. This allows students to cultivate an appreciation for the value and dignity of all people, regardless of their backgrounds, origins, or life circumstances.
Available in the following locations:MIA
The BS in Psychology can be completed in a minimum of one (1) year, depending on the number of credits the student has transferred from other accredited institutions. If the student starts out without any transfer credits, the program can be completed within three (3) years. Students transferring from a two-year accredited institution may transfer up to 60 credits; those transferring from a four-year institution may transfer up to 90 credits.
- The faculty members of this program are extremely experienced and actively work in their respective fields. They are required to complete research-based projects, prepare presentations on academia for target audiences, as well as attend and/or present at academia-related conferences. They are also encouraged to join professional work-related organizations. Most psychology instructors hold doctoral degrees and practice psychology in diverse community settings such as private practice, children’s clinics, correctional facilities, private and public schools, etc.
- This program is offered on campus, online, and in a hybrid modality.
- This bachelor’s degree takes up to three (3) years to complete.
- Instructional methods include teacher-facilitated lectures, study groups, elements of scholarly research reading and writing, among others.
- Graduates from AU’s Bachelor of Science in Psychology program go on to seek gainful employment as social workers, case managers, human resource professionals, certified addiction professionals, behavioral technicians at hospitals, child life specialists, Board Certified Associate Behavior Analysts, and entry-level positions in corrections and law enforcement.
The minimum requirements for admission to the Bachelor of Science in Psychology are:
- Evidence of having completed a high school degree or a GED.
- A grade point average (GPA) of 2.0.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from professors, employers, or community leaders (in accordance with the AU format).
- Compliance with any additional requirements outlined in the Academic Policies section of the Albizu University Catalog.
Once the Admissions Office receives all the required documentation and the interview process is completed, academic program advisors will contact successful candidates to provide program direction and guidance.
Albizu University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) and the Commission for Independent Education of the Florida Department of Education.