Graduate Certificate of Autism
The Graduate Certificate of Autism Program is intended for professionals planning to pursue a career as Science teachers in grades 5 through 9. The program is designed for current or future teachers and consists of 20 credits of coursework/laboratory. The certificate program is designed to be completed in one academic year.
Courses are offered in a hybrid format (i.e., online and face-to-face) and will meet 4-5 hours on selected weekends. Each course will last 7 or 8 weeks, depending on the course. Classes are held in classrooms equipped with modern technological resources and conducted by professors with theoretical and practical expertise in the field of general science. The program coursework will prepare professionals to take the Florida Teacher Certification examination to teach Middle Grades Science (grades 5-9) and to complete the courses required by the Florida Department of Education.
The curriculum for the Science Certificate is a follows:
- BSC 300 Biology I and BSCL 300L Biology I laboratory – 8 weeks
- BSC 301 Biology II – 7 weeks
- CHM 102 General Chemistry I and CHM 102L General Chemistry I Laboratory – 8 weeks
- CHM 103 General Chemistry II – 7 weeks
- PHY 300 Physics – 7 weeks
- BSC 302 Applied Earth Science with Laboratory – 8 weeks.