College Certificate in Mathematics Education (Grades 5 Through 9)
The Mathematics Education College Certificate Program is intended for professionals planning to pursue a career as Mathematics teachers in grades 5 through 9. The program is designed for current or future teachers and consists of 18 credits of coursework. The certificate program is designed to be completed in one academic year.
Courses are offered in a hybrid format (i.e., online and face-to-face) and will meet 4-5 hours on selected weekends. Each course will last 7 or 8 weeks, depending on the course. Classes are held in classrooms equipped with modern technological resources and conducted by professors with theoretical and practical expertise in the field of mathematics. The program coursework will prepare professionals to take the Florida Teacher Certification examination to teach Middle Grades Mathematics (grades 5-9) and to complete the courses required by the Florida Department of Education.
The curriculum for the Mathematics Certificate is a follows:
- MTG 300 Geometry for Education Majors – 7 weeks
- MAC 302 Trigonometry for Education Majors – 8 weeks
- MAC 300 Pre-calculus for Education Majors – 7 weeks
- MAC 301 Calculus for Education Majors – 8 weeks
- STA 300 Probability for Education Majors – 7 weeks
- STA 301 Statistics for Education Majors – 8 weeks