The A.A. in General Education program at Albizu University, Miami campus, prepares you to successfully engage in advanced studies leading to a bachelor’s degree or to directly enter the workforce as a more highly qualified candidate.
The program includes both the lower-division general education curriculum and a series of courses in a concentration of your choice, such as Liberal Arts, Psychology, or Criminal Justice. In line with Albizu University’s mission to train culturally sensitive professionals, the program integrates the development of multicultural competencies and a commitment to social responsibility into its coursework.
The availability of day, evening, technology-assisted, hybrid, and online classes provides flexibility for recent high school graduates as well as for working professionals.
Through a variety of educational experiences, the program seeks to:
- Expose you to the foundations of general education while providing an introduction to academic coursework in your chosen concentration
- Enhance your appreciation for the individual worth and dignity of all people, regardless of background, origin, or life circumstances
- Expand your ability to enhance your quality of life and the fulfillment of your personal goals through diverse cultural, leisure, and creative pursuits
- Provide you with a deeper understanding of the impact of biological and social phenomena on human behavior in order to enhance your contributions to a more peaceful and just society
- Enhance your ability to think, read, write, and speak effectively, both critically and analytically
- Enhance your ability to draw logical conclusions from qualitative and quantitative analyses
- Expose you to various interdisciplinary methodologies to help inform your current and future academic, personal, and professional pursuits
Graduates of the Associate of Arts in General Education program go on to enroll in bachelor’s degree studies or directly enter the workforce as more highly qualified candidates.